Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Newport Beach Library - Beginner.. Learner... Adult Learner Blog


A big round of applause for JY (also known as Kate) from the Newport Beach Public Library Literacy Program.
JY is an Adult Learner who started writing her blog, BEGINNER... LEARNER..., in 2009. She has given SCLLN permission to repost one of her recent posts on the SCLLN blog. Enjoy, visit and become a follower of JY's Blog.

Untitled post.
Wednesday, May 19, 2010


How's your week going? I'm good so far.

Today I had a learner meeting in the Newport Beach Public Library with many learners from the literacy program in the library. It's a great time. Lika, who is a Japanese learner, showed learners her Chinese tea ceremony that she learned the special ceremony when she lived in China. Lika prepared so many personal stuff such as special kettles, cups, saucer, tea leaves for the tea ceremony. And, Lika also brought the special CD that was about the natural sounds such as a waterfall, peaceful bird chirping, conversation with wind, the leaves rustle in the wind and so on. The sounds really made the learners indulge in the tea ceremony attraction more. Absolutely, the tea was sooooooooooo rich and great. As I am a tea person(I'm also a coffee person....Is it awkward? ), I thanked Lika so much. Today Lika was in green cloth so that she was harmonized with tea. Today she looked like a great meditator in the green tea field in summer. Thanks to Lika again. You did a wonderful job today!


Hi,I'm JY from Korea. I love eating, cooking, and learning English. I started blogging to advance my writing in English and meet new people on the internet. :) AND, welcome anybody on comments about my phrases which are grammatically incorrect.

No comments: