Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Los Angeles Public Library - Is Writing A Challenge ?

Is Writing A Challenge? Problems To Solutions
BenPreneur: 12.15.2011

Is writing a challenge? Yes, it is. You have to give the first step as any challenge you deal. Feel the fear but just do it anyway!. Do not play it safe. Do not color inside the lines. Just do it!

In the recent past, I participated in the 2011 Writer to Writer Challenge, invited by the Southern California Library Literacy Network.

Indeed, this challenge is an excellent chance for you to:
 share your thoughts with others in writing
 become a writer yourself
 relate what you read in a book/story or poem to your own life
 practice writing a letter, so you can write others letters on your own in the future.


I wrote my personal experience relating how a book that I read has influenced into my life. My story letter says this way,

Dear Michael McMillan
Recently, I have read your inspiring and priceless book titled “Pink Bat Turning Problems Into Solutions.” I have rejuvenated one of my life style living rituals, that is, to translate my world of problems into a world of solutions. Without doubt, your book is truly powerful life-changing. Allow me to tell you my experience and how your pink bat story impacted my life.


For my own personal decisions, I came to reside in the U.S.A. I came suffering a terrible depression mainly because of my life’s best friend passed away, who? My father. =I was ordered to take a prescription of emotional regulator, and I had been doing it for many years. In my early days, here in the city where Uncle Sam welcomed me, I was thinking how I could work out my depression, and suddenly I remembered one of my mother’s statement that has stayed with me, “my son, with health you can achieve what you set. Remember your Father.”

Great! I did some research and I found a valuable statement, “Thoughts become things”. In your words Mike it would be, “What you believe and focus on…becomes your reality.” Yes, I started to think by myself, “Ben you are healthy”. It was and is part of my daily ritual as a sort of an incantation. Also, I began to eat healthy food, tried natural supplements, and always to think in a positive way. Undoubtedly good emotional state and good humor, without perceptual blindness or inattentional blindness creates a natural chemical addiction that regulates the biochemistry of our brains. Nowadays, I overcame my emotional illness.

Indeed Mike, you are amazingly correct there is no difference between imagination and reality. Just we have to apply Pink Bat Thinking and learn to listen to our body, soul and mind. Thank you for the inspiration.
Sincerely, Benjamin J. Miranda


Thanks to Los Angeles Public Library‘s Singleton Library Adult Literacy Center. To my tutors Mr. Andres Ramos, Ms. Libby McCarthy, Mr. Manuel Barrios, and Mrs. Lisa Broderick. Thanks Teacher A.J. Hoge.

No comments: