Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Oceanside Library - Women’s Club Boosts Future Educator

Women’s Club Boosts Future Educator
Oceanside READS Newsletter: Fall 2012

“My goal in life is to become a university professor of English,” says Felipe Lagunes, 22, recipient of this year’s $500 award to a READS student from Oceanside Women’s Club.

Felipe, a 7 Eleven store employee, has been working with tutor Andrea Spolidoro since September, 2011.

He intends to use his award money to assist with college expenses; he began classes at MiraCosta College in August. “I honestly feel warm deep in my heart from all of the people who have taken time to help me out and reach my dreams,” he said. “I am really glad that I met Andrea and [READS Coordinator] Corrie Miles . . . They have been such important and helpful people who are willing to go with me through this.”

Felipe also gives his thanks to the Women’s Club, led by Maggie Owen, and the Oceanside Public Library.

No comments: