Sunday, February 7, 2016

Huntington Beach Library :: This Was My Chance !

This was my chance!

Martha came into the literacy office this morning excited to tell us great news.  

Last week, she heard from a friend that a new restaurant was hiring.  She went to apply and discovered that none of the staff spoke Spanish.  “I filled out the application in English and they called me in for an interview.  I was able to speak with them in English.  They hired me and that day I started working!  I am so happy!“

Martha told us how much she appreciates the literacy program and our literacy tutors because she was able to fill out the application and do the interview in English, something she would never have been able to do before.  Her co-workers do not speak Spanish so she will have the opportunity to use English at work and she couldn’t be happier.

Go Literacy and Go Martha!

No comments: