Friday, July 17, 2020

Los Angeles Public Library ─ It’s a Match ─ Adult Literacy Services


It’s a Match

Adult Literacy Services Spring 2020 Newsletter
READ: Spring 2020

About It’s a Match A special relationship is created when a tutor and learner are successfully matched together. It’s A Match allows tutors and learners to express how they feel about their match in their own words.

Marleny Moreno By Tutor Jonathan Lesser

As a tutor, I have been working with Marleny for 2 years and I continue to be impressed with her dedication and her progress every time we meet. What is most impressive to me about Marleny is her continued dedication to improving her reading, writing, and speaking skills. In addition to our tutoring sessions, she has also attended English language classes at a local adult school, and is always looking for additional opportunities to learn and to practice.

Marleny also writes pieces in her spare time to practice her English on topics of interest to her, and proudly submits her work to any writing challenge or call for articles that she sees. I am fortunate for the opportunity to hear about her life and to see how she expresses herself on things that are meaningful to her.

═════════►
Thank You Jonathan By Learner Marleny Moreno

It’s my turn.

It is time to talk about my amazing tutor Jonathan Lesser. I’ll always be very grateful to Jonathan for all he has taught me since March 10, 2018 until now.

I have learned a lot from him. He is a very good teacher. I admire him because he is active and also has a lot of energy to teach me after his job. When I started to meet him I did not have the ability to talk and write in English like today. In our meeting we have conversations. If I make a mistake he corrects me. In addition, he teaches me how to pronounce and write words that I write incorrectly. When I read to him, he asks me questions about what I read. Also I have to write about what I read. I always see him happy. In his spare time, he plays guitar and plays very well.   READ MORE ➤➤

Readability Consensus
Based on 7 readability formulas:
Grade Level: 7
Reading Level: fairly easy to read.
Reader's Age: 11-13 yrs. old
(Sixth and Seventh graders)

No comments: