Thursday, September 3, 2020

Camarena Library ▬ Meet Our Tutors: Mark Hurych


Meet Our Tutors: Mark Hurych

Mark Hurych on the Challenges of Tutoring - Camarena Memorial Library

Oh boy. OK, maybe it is a challenge to get me to shut up once I get rolling. I don't think tutoring or teaching is challenging. 

Let me explain. Raising a child to be kind and considerate, that's challenging, especially if you are trying to put food on the table and keep everybody healthy.

Dealing with a child with health issues in early life? (I've been there.) That qualifies as challenging.

I challenge myself when it comes to education. I've defined it as something completely different from schooling. Most of what typically goes on in K thru PhD is schooling, in my opinion. Getting schooled is common and it expresses the usual way of operating schools.

Taking, yes that's right I say "taking," an education is entirely different. When I ask myself a question and treat that question the same way you might treat "Where are my damn keys?" when you're on your way to work, when I ask myself a question in that way I begin to educate myself. No one can educate me. They can write a book, or write to me, they can send me a message, they can help me find my damn keys, sometimes, but the motivation to ask and answer is mine and mine alone.  READ MORE ➤➤

Readability Consensus
Based on 7 readability formulas:
Grade Level: 6
Reading Level: fairly easy to read.
Reader's Age: 10-11 yrs. olds
(Fifth and Sixth graders)

No comments: