Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Huntington Beach Library Literacy ▬ First Time Voting !

First Time Voting !

Huntington Beach
Library Literacy
 
Literacy Volunteers-HBPL Blog: 12 28 2020

My name is Sandra. I want to share with you how happy I am, because the literacy program has changed my life. They help me a lot to study. I have the privilege of having an excellent teacher, her name is Connie. Thanks to them and God, now I am an American citizen. By the way, I passed my test with 100%. For the first time I voted in the election for a new president. I am also learning more to speak and write. I am very happy and I am grateful for the literacy program. I highly recommend it!  READ MORE ➤➤

Literacy Volunteers - HBPL has tutor training workshops throughout the year. The 15-hour class teaches Literacy Volunteers of America methods for helping adults improve their skills. After taking the class, you are matched with one adult student. You meet two hours a week, morning, afternoon, evening or weekend.

We have two programs, the Adult Literacy Program at Central Library (714) 375-5102 and the Oak View Literacy Program at the Oak View Branch Library (714) 375-5104.

We always need tutors!

If you can read and write fluently, you can help an adult to read, write or speak English better.


No comments: