Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Placentia Library :: Spotlight On Literacy


SPOTLIGHT ON LITERACY: Meet Our Learners & Tutors

Sumi is a prolific reader from South Korea. Her love of literature lead her to sign up for the adult literacy program. Her goal is to improve her English to be able to read classic literature. We are working towards achieving this goal by reading simplified versions of classic novels, learning new words, and completing engaging lessons on reading and writing.


In Sumi’s words, “Thank you for the Placentia Library’s adult literacy program that gave me the pleasure of learning English with such a great teacher. The literacy program has had a big impact on my life.” Sumi is tutored by Raul, a recent graduate from CSUF. Raul combines his education and skills to help Sumi build her reading and writing skills. They meet every week for an hour and a half.

In Raul’s own words, “The Placentia Literacy Program has helped me develop into a better teacher so that I can be successful in my career as an ESL instructor and has given me a way to be more connected and involved in my community.”  READ MORE >>

Next Orientation
September 7
10:00 - 11:15 am
714 . 528 . 1906 ext. 214

No comments: