Saturday, September 29, 2018

Huntington Beach Library :: My Summer Adventure


My Summer Adventure
Literacy Volunteers-HBPL Blog: 8.31.2018 by Michelle Wang

My family moved to the United States five years ago when I was a freshman in high school. Last summer I went back to China for a two month vacation. I looked forward to seeing my family and friends. I especially looked forward to having “real Chinese food!”

Getting to China was so exciting. This is the first time I traveled by myself. Once I got through security I was on my own. I took care of my luggage on my own. When I got to Beijing I had to change planes all by myself. Finally I met my Aunt in my hometown. (I’m not telling you its name because you probably couldn’t say it.)  I felt so proud of myself for getting there on my own.

I found my city had changed a lot. There were better and fancier shopping malls, like South Coast Plaza. I had a lot of fun with my friends going to the shopping mall. Another thing that had changed was my middle school. They had totally rebuilt my school and now it looks really different. I couldn’t go visit because it was summertime and the school was closed.  READ MORE >>

Oct 2 Adult Literacy Tutor Orientation
Oak View Branch 9:30a – 12N
Training: Oct 9 – 16 – 23

No comments: